Looking for a satisfying side item? Check out this low car FAUX mashed potato recipe. It serve 6-8 people and is perfect for your cravings.
This recipe can be made ahead of time and reheated. Another clever ideas is --- make this batch and use any leftovers to make an over-the-border crab cakes – mix up leftover mash, lump crab, and well sautéed and shopped spinach and pan cook in coconut oil.
INGREDIENTS FOR FAUX MASHED POTATOES
1 large head cauliflower
2 cups tomatoes, diced
5 cloves garlic
2 tablespoons ghee or grass-fed butter
2 tablespoons chicken bone broth (you may need more depending on desired thickness and texture)
Sea salt & pepper (black or smoked), to taste
¼ cup green onion, chopped
1. Fill up a large stock pot with an inch or two of water, set burner on high, dump in a steamer insert and put the lid on.
2. While waiting for the water to boil, wash and trim cauliflower into stems and florets.
3. Once water is boiling, throw in the stems with a generous amount of salt, wait for 3 minutes, and then add florets. Steam until soft (approx. 10 minutes).
4. While cauliflower is steaming – Melt grass fed butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté’ garlic and tomatoes until tomatoes begin to shrivel up and the garlic is softened.
5. Dump cauliflower into a colander and let drain well
6. Put in your food processor or high-speed blender the cauliflower, bone broth, sea salt and pepper. Blend to desired texture.
7. Put in a big bowl, pour tomato and garlic mixture over the top and garnish with the raw scallions then serve.